Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Fortunate To Have Found This One!


Am currently reading and really enjoying this first novel by author Laurie Horowitz. I must admit, the Jane Austen quote on the front did exactly what it was intended to do-hook me in. (Jane Austen lover that I am!)
It seems that Jane Austen references are everywhere. Wouldn't she be pleased? Or would she?
Jane Austen in Scarsdale by Paula Marantz-Cohen was another fun read which is loosely based on Austen's Persuasion.
The Lake House (Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves) is a bit confusing but I'll see anything that has Sandy in it, ditto for Keanu!) Persuasion is mentioned several times throughout the movie and if you can follow the plot you'll find that it all ties together. All of this has peruaded me to pick up a copy of the original which will be my next read!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home